Valvoline Express Care Falls Church: 9 Steps of Vehicle Winter Maintenance
This blog might be a little late for this winter but this can be applied to every winter in the future. Punxsutawney Phil did see his shadow this year so we will have Six more weeks of winter so book an appointment today at Valvoline Express Care of Falls Church to make sure your vehicle runs smooth for the rest of our winter.
It is important for every owner of a vehicle to make sure they complete the 9 steps prior to each winter:
- If your car, truck, van, SUV or other vehicle needs a tune-up then it is important because winter can increase problems such as pings, hard starts, sluggish performance or rough idling.
- Make sure your battery and charging system is working great and have your battery tested. We will speak about battery maintenance in another blog.
- Make sure that you have cleaned, flushed and put new antifreeze in your cooling system. This is something that should be done every two years.
- TEST your heaters, defrosters and all wipers to make sure they are in good working condition. When refilling your washer fluid make sure you use a winter or all season mix. Wipers should be replaced every six months.
- Winter weather can be very slippery so tour tire tread and tire pressure is key to staying safe. You can even put on a set of winter tires to make sure you have the best grip during winter months.
- Make sure your brakes are in good working order. A vehicles ability to stop properly is its most important safety item.
- Most people never consider this but make sure your exhaust system is free of leaks. During the cold months people drive around with their windows closed and you can be inhaling carbon monoxide!
- This should be quarterly maintenance but make sure all of your lights work around your car. Also have your headlights adjusted so they are aimed properly.
- This most common car, truck, van, SUV etc maintenance is changing your engine oil and filter. In climates where it is very cold you can change to your vehicles “winter weight” oil. At Valvoline Express Care we will check your fuel, air and transmission filters during your oil change.
Your winter should be smooth if you follow these 9 steps to make sure your car, truck, van or SUV is for extreme weather.
We hope that you learned a thing or two. If you want to setup an appointment please give us a call at 703-532-3500.
We are a full service garage that service McLean, Tysons Corner, East Falls Church, West Falls Church, Arlington and are located in the Falls Plaza Shopping Center.
We look forward to serving you.
The Valvoline Team
Valvoline Express Care
1132 W Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
Phone: (703) 532-3500
Fax: (703) 532-3503